Tuesday 4 March 2014

This Week's Grocery Haul and Basic Meal Plan

Yes it's Tuesday, and I'm a touch late getting the groceries this week and slapping a meal plan together, but I still got it together to get myself back on track. 


To make the meal plan this week I took a look at what was still in our freezer and cupboards and then decided what I wanted to make for supper and what we would need. We still had a few things leftover from previous Costco trips (mostly meat and cupboards staples) so we did have to do quite a big produce stickup. 

I have to admit that I do get a huge thrill out of seeing so much beautiful colour in my grocery cart. The greens, yellows, reds, etc, are so vibrant. Eat the rainbow for sure!!

So I'll break down what I am going to be making this week first. I decided to do it up more menuish than meal plan. Menu sounds nicer, lol, like I'm eating out at a restaurant…but at home ;)



Based off of my menu I bought the following groceries:

PRODUCE

MEAT AND DAIRY


MISCELLANEOUS


As you can hopefully see I make a variety of foods, everything sounds yummy, looks great, and of course tastes delicious. For one fancy night out at a steak house I can buy an entire week's worth of groceries to feed our growing family of five, and man do my growing kids eat A LOT. True we had a few things already at home from those previous Costco trips but they balance out and last a loooong time. 

As you can see there is very little in the way of any processed snacks. Mostly because we don't need them. I am busy, I am active, I need ENERGY. What I don't need are foods that are going to take a lot to fill me up, give me no nutritional advantage, and put yucky things into my body. 

Eating whole, real foods is so important to feeling your best, looking your best, and being able to Rock Your Life! 





No comments:

Post a Comment