Tuesday 25 March 2014

Reasons To Workout At Home

Even in all my earlier attempts at weight loss I never really went to the gym. Only a few times in my life did I ever have a membership for a gym. One I had for a whole year and actually only ever went once. 

I felt intimidated both by the other more fit people there and also just didn't know what to do. At 250 lbs walking into a gym was a scary idea. For that reason and more I prefer to workout at home by FAR.





Keep reading for more great reasons why 
you should ditch the gym and do your workout at home. 


1. FREE
    The only cost really is the investment into a program and a few supplies like some dumbbells and perhaps a yoga mat. Other than that you are good to go.

2. On YOUR schedule
    Not all gyms are 24 hours. Not all classes are available when you want them to be open. When you workout at home your DVD player is open whenever you want it to be. Pop in that workout and push play!

3. No Commute
    I LOVE that I don't have to drive anywhere to get in my workout. Saves money on gas. Saves wear on the vehicle plus I'm a bit of a tree hugger so fewer emissions added to my carbon footprint is always a bonus in my eyes.

4. Saves Time
   When you workout at a gym you have to factor in the whole time frame. You just don't have to carve out time for the workout but for the drive there and back, waiting for equipment, waiting for classes to start, time spent in the locker room. That one hour workout is going to end up taking probably closer to two hours out of your day. We are busy enough. Put in a 30 minute workout like 21 Day Fix, P90X3, or T25, and now you have and hour and half left to do with whatever you like.

5. No Childcare
   I have three kids. If I had to pay gym childcare that would get pretty pricy! Plus I love the fact that my kids get to do my workouts with me. They are learning excellent lessons in the importance of physical fitness.

6. Privacy
    If I am trying a new dance or martial arts workout I want to be able to look like a fool in my own home. I like that I can wear what I want. If I have a wedgie mid jumping jacks I can fix that with out a crowd ;)

7. BEST TRAINERS
   I get to workout with some of THE BEST trainers in the world. Tony Horton, Shaun T, Les Mills trainers, and more.

8. Focus
   Even with my kids around I find I can still focus better on what I am doing. I just crank the volume to tune them out ;) (totally kidding…sort of).

If you are interested in working out at home and need extra support and motivation be sure to apply to Rock The Challenge. You get the best in home workout programs and me as your personal coach!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment