Saturday 15 March 2014

Easy Oatmeal Bake

I like to eat oatmeal as part of my breakfast on a semi regular basis. But if you are like me and sometimes get bored of the same old oatmeal give this Easy Oatmeal Bake a try. 




I originally got this recipe from So Hows It Taste but I made a few minor modifications to how I like it.

Ingredients:
1 tsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups of oats
1/3 cup of nuts (I like pecans)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup milk of choice
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas sliced evenly
1 1/2 cup frozen berries

Preheat your oven to 375'

1. grease your baking dish with the coconut oil
2. spread the sliced bananas on the bottom of the oiled up dish
3. put half the frozen berries over the bananas
4. mix together the oats, half of the nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
5. sprinkle the dry ingredient mix over the berries and bananas
6. mix together the maple syrup, milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla
7. gently pour the wet mixture over the oats
8. put the remaining berries and nuts on top

Bake for roughly 35 minutes and then let cool slightly. I like to serve it up with some whipped coconut cream on top. DELISH!



This is a great recipe for when you have to rush in the mornings. Simply bake it up the night before and the heat up your portion in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment