Monday 10 March 2014

Weekly Menu and Groceries (March 10th-16th)

Hey there! I have another weekly menu and grocery post for you. I also included a few pix of my fridge and what I have in my cupboards. 

As always it is my hope that showing what I buy and how I stretch it and what we do in general can help and inspire others to cook healthy in their kitchen too. 


For the most part all you see here, plus a few things already residing in my fridge and cupboards, will be able to breakdown into meals to feed our family of five ALL WEEK! And then some because of the bulk packages of meat. Not only do I love feeding my family healthy food, I love that it is economical as well.



This is really a general grocery haul and very typical for our family. Lots of veggies, lots of fruit, lots of meat (specifically chicken). A few things we are trying out this week that are new to us are a plantain and a spaghetti squash.


These are kind of the randoms. Some cream, milk, butter, yogurt, noodles (gasp), almond milk, diced tomatoes, and some mineral water (to mix with my happy planet juice). This really is the extent of our processed/packaged goods. I do have a few others in the cupboard but yeah, pretty minimal, just how I like it. 

Below is our family menu for the week. I have been really liking looking at it menu style as opposed to a spreadsheet, and then leaving our options for breakfast, lunch, and snacks more as guidelines as opposed to a strict plan. 


And now time for a a mini fridge and dry goods tour!!!! Please avert your eyes at the unhealthy selections you may see ;) 








The few things not shown here are my spices and my little bulk section where I have my chia seeds, hemp hearts, sliced almonds, alternative flours, and those kinds of things. That area was a disaster so no pix on that one.  Also my stash of tea and Shakeology aren't shown. Those almost deserve a post of their very own. 

Well, that about wraps it up. Hope you enjoyed this little peak into my fridge and little cupboards and are able maybe make some use of the weekly menu. I'll be getting tonight's supper on the roll shortly. Saucy Mozza chicken is going to ROCK (just not sure about the spaghetti squash). 








No comments:

Post a Comment