Monday 17 March 2014

Weekly Menu (March 17-23)

Hey there! I'm back with this week's menu. I have some new recipes on here that I am so excited about. One of them we had tonight (THE Taco Salad) and WOW is it amazing. The other is the Cracklin Chicken which can be found at Nom Nom Paleo. 

I decided not to do any grocery haul pix this week because is kind of gets repetitive. I have really been enjoying though being consistent with our weekly menu and weekly grocery shop. By the end of the week the fridge is pretty bare but I know we aren't having any food waste. Also, I love the thrill of filling it right back up again with beautiful greens, and reds, and yellows. It does take a bit of trial and error though to figure out just how much you need of everything. I think I have finally gotten our family's needs down to a science.

So without any more blah blah blah from me…here is this week's menu!


Keep in mind that I list each supper and then the breakfast, lunches, and snacks are what I have for suggestions. Those are things we have regularly. Sometimes we get off track but for the most part we keep to the menu. 

If you'd like to make the taco salad you can find the recipe at Cherished Bliss. Even the individual recipes for the avocado dressing and the bean and corn salsa can be used in other ways. I can see why my friend was so adamant about making this dish. If you like mexi then you'll LOVE this salad.

Here are the modifications I made:

I used a leafy green mix (red and green chard, spinach, spring mix) instead of romaine.
I used regular old cheddar instead of the colby jack.
I used green pepper and a smidge of cayenne in place of the jalapeƱo.
I cut the amount of cilantro in half (I'm not a cilantro fan but the amount I used was PERFECT!)

Did you meal plan this week? What is your grocery shop style? Share in the comments below and have a Rockin' Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment