Thursday 27 February 2014

Healthy Costco Haul (February 26th)

Hey Rockers! One thing you'll discover about me is that I love to shop at Costco. Like seriously. I LOVE IT! I am able to get awesome healthy eats there for sometimes a fraction of the price of buying it elsewhere. Yesterday we did a mini stock up so I'd like to share with you a few of the goodies that I picked up.




I love a Costco cart full of healthy goodness! 


First off we were pretty much all out of rice. Blended rice mixes and white Basmati rice are some of our top choices for clean carbs. I picked up two different blends and a big bag of Basmati.


Next we grabbed some produce. I don't actually get too much produce at Costco because I like variety and usually end up wasting the Costco sizes of certain fruits and veggies but within reason I will grab a few. 


We have been out of coffee in our house for almost two weeks and my attempt at doing just tea in the morning kind of failed. I wanted to try this particular kind for awhile now. So far it's nice, really dark so I'm thinking one less scoop next time.



Yogurt and bacon are two staples in our house. Especially the bacon! I love bacon as much as I love Costco. We have been buying a lot of their low sodium kind lately as it has no sugar in it. This particular kind of yogurt is pretty good too, it's "mostly" organic an while it has some sugar in it I'm not going to freak out about it. Balance is key. 



A few things we picked up but not pictured: a box of those Annie's organic bunny crackers for the kiddos, raisins and craisins (for in oatmeal and rice pudding), chicken breasts and chicken wings, Mr. Rock and I each got a new pair of workout pants, Free Run eggs, big bag of the Basmati rice, milk, cream, and olive oil. That pretty much wraps it up.

And hey, here is a bonus of what I grabbed yesterday at the bulk store!!

It was just a quick pop into the bulk store. All I REALLY needed was the arrowroot flour (the white powder). I also grabbed some honey sweetened granola flakes to toss on yogurt, some sliced almonds, and some pecan pieces. As always though there were just a "few" impulse buys. I quite like my new reusable shopping bag, as IF I needed a new one of those ;)

One of my sweets girlfriends gave me a new cookbook at Christmas and a few recipes call for red curry paste so when I saw that I had to grab it. I have also been missing my FAV spatula for a few weeks now (I hate when a favourite kitchen tool goes missing) so I grabbed this super fun looking one. Maybe I'll have to rock out with it as a microphone in my kitchen mid baking session :)


Hope you enjoyed today's healthy haul instalment. I'll probably do this on a semi regular basis when I get some great stuff. Rock on! 






No comments:

Post a Comment