Sunday 16 February 2014

This Week's Meal Plan (Feb 17th-23rd)

I strongly feel that in order to be successful, at anything, you need to have a plan. You need to have direction. You can't just wing things and expect success to just happen. This totally applies to weight loss, which is why I feel that meal planning is incredibly important. 



This is my meal plan for the week. Having three kids and homeschooling means that I need to have stuff planned out otherwise it is eat eat graze graze eat eat all. day. long. When the kids know (and I know) when and what we are having next it cuts back on the asking for snacks and the mindless wandering into the kitchen. 

I also always know what I need to pull out to defrost. I also know exactly what to buy at grocery shopping time which saves time AND money, something that we mums seem to always have too little of. 

Keep in mind this is how I choose to eat. I am big on balance and protein. I limit my processed carbs, and I cook pretty much 99% from scratch. I figured I would share my meal plan in case someone would like to try. I didn't put portion sizes as those differ for everyone, mostly be wise and listen to your body for signals that you are full. 

If you have any question or need help please let me know. In the coming weeks I plan to continue sharing my meal plans if there is a good response. I'm also going to figure out a better way to put them up as a picture. 

I'm looking forward to all these meals coming up, lots of rockin' eats coming our family's way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment