Friday 14 February 2014

Chocolates for your Valentine

Happy St. Valentine's Day everyone. I hope you are enjoying a day filled with love. Love for your friends and family and love for yourself. And speaking of love, how about some love for chocolate. 


If it weren't for chocolate I really wouldn't be too interested in Valentines. See I'm a total chocoholic but as I have cleaned up my eating that means that I don't eat chocolate as often. When I do though I try to buy better quality chocolate. It also means that I often make my own.

Making your own chocolate can be really easy! So today for a Valentines treat I whipped up a tasty batch for the kids of these yummy peanut butter chocolates using ingredients that any clean eater should have always in stock in their kitchen.

Two Layer PB Chocolates

Layer One
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
Melt all ingredients together. Pour into a small rectangular foil lined pan. Put in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes.

Layer Two 
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
Melt all ingredients together. Pour over the hardened first layer. Put back in the freezer for another 10 minutes or until fully set.

Break into small pieces and share with those you love or better yet into big pieces and keep to yourself ;)

Have a Rockin' Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment