Wednesday 2 April 2014

P90X3 Agility X Review

Last night was a LATE night workout but I did it. You just have to pop that sucker in a push play sometimes. If you think about it too much you'll talk yourself out of it. Anyways, Agility X was on the schedule last night so here is my review on what this particular workout has to offer. 


I have to be honest this is one of the discs that I dread putting in the most. I am NOT a cardio fan. Also the fact that I rolled my ankle the very first time doing Agility X doesn't help. One tip: WEAR COURT SHOES NOT RUNNING SHOES. Tony tells you that. But I didn't listen.

But while I dread putting this one in I always feel pretty awesome and revved up afterwards. I have made definite improvements in many of the moves.

It is an interesting smorgasbord of moves actually. Lunges, squats, jump moves, balance work. Everything designed to get those legs moving (big calorie burning muscles) and get you quick on your feet. This is a workout that I kind of wish we did when I played high school basketball.

There are a few moves that I do modify mostly in terms of the footwork. Like I mentioned before I did roll my ankle doing this one so I am extra cautious of that. There are a few moves (like running around the lines, doing grapevines, and figure eights) that I have to slow it down just a touch so I don't risk injury. I am all about being smart with my workouts and you have to know your limits, which doesn't mean skipping something but means making it work for you.

A major component of this workout is also hitting specific parts. You set up tape on the floor and put Xs on them. You aim to hit those targets. When you are doing the lunges, and certain jumps, you look for those spots and hit them. Just like Tony says "X marks the spot people".

I have to say that Tony Horton also brings his A game with the humour in this one. He cracks a lot of jokes and his monologue during the cool down is particularly epic and sobering.

I hope you have been enjoying my breakdown and review of the various workouts included in P90X3. Remember if you are interested in rocking out some X3 yourself leave a comment, find me on Facebook, I'd love to coach you through the process.






No comments:

Post a Comment