Monday 7 April 2014

Hold Your Life In Your Hands

Do you feel in charge of your life? Do you ever sit down and map out what you want. Do you focus on that which is most important to you? Are you holding your life in the palm of your hand or are you stuck in the flow of what the 21st century deems as "life". 

I want to share this with you. This is my life in the palm of my hand. Literally ;) 



I have this to keep sharp and consistent focus to my days. When I narrow down on what is important to me, where my passions are everything else that may be going on falls away. When something is stressing me out, pulling my attention in a different direction, I feel out of sync with myself.

The things that are important to me are my faith (cross), my family (coloured stones), my health (dumbbell) , and music (treble clef). I am passionate about these things. These are what I live for.

That doesn't mean you have to always actively be doing these things. We are scheduled to the max but keeping them close to your heart so that you always know what you are doing it for. Obviously there are things in life that still have to be taken care of but since when does adding extra stress, worry, and mental energy to a situation ever make it any better?

I'm not saying I always have a handle on things. I still get flustered by upsets to my day. I still have stuff happen in my days that really can bring me down. Big time. But when I step back and view everything based on where my mental energy should go, on what is truly important, I can see that whatever the situation is it can't steal my joy.

Do you ever feel out of sync with yourself? 

Between work, family, responsibilities, everything that comes along with being an adult, do you ever feel like something just doesn't feel right? You are you but who ARE you? We all have things we love to do, that make us come alive inside. When life gets busy we push those things aside. We forget what we are doing it all for and oddly what we are doing it all for we can't even do anymore.

What to do what to do? 

By focusing on the things we want out of out life we can change how we think. We see value in a greater context. You can see a bigger picture. We live in such a McWorld. We need to SLOW DOWN. and need to bring joy back to our lives. We need to do the things that bring us joy. Do the things we are passionate about.

Do something in your life that will help sharpen your focus. It doesn't have to be as much a statement like my charm necklace but something that is a gentle reminder of where you want to go. Write your life priorities on a list. Keep the list in your purse or wallet. I have all sorts of lists like this on my iPhone.  Pull it out as a reminder. Create a vision board (think like a collage of your dreams). When you feel pulled in a contrary direction, one that brings you down, look at it, remind yourself where your focus should be.

Even though we lead busy lives it is oddly true that it isn't that we don't have time, we don't MAKE time. If everyone was literally too busy to live their passions then how do hit television shows get those ratings?? Hone in on your focus, look for small ways that you can bring the things you love back into your life. Don't just live your life. Rock it!



No comments:

Post a Comment