Friday 25 April 2014

Healthy Strawberry Shake

I was just sipping on an amazing Strawberries and Cream Shakeology thinking to myself that hopefully just hopefully warmer weather is on the way, and how LUCKY I am that I can indulge in a frosty treat every day that isn't going to break my eating plan, will actually be healthy for me, and is DELICIOUS. 




The Strawberry Shakeology I made today was particularly indulgent and STILL a far cry from what the fast food alternative would be.

In my own Strawberries and Cream version I used:
1 scoop/packet of Strawberry Shakeology
1/4 cup as clean/natural as possible Strawberry yogurt (I like the Astro Balkan style)
3/4 cup almond milk 
handful of ice cubes
1/2 cup frozen strawberries

Blend until nice and creamy and enjoy. 

This is the first time I've really put yogurt into my shakeology and the creaminess was amazing. Now I'm wondering if lime yogurt would give it a margaritaness. 

So lets compare…

McD Strawberry Shake (Med)         
Cals 720                                                      
Fat 18g                                                        
Sodium 430 mg          
Carb 128 g
Fibre 0
Sugar 103 g
Protein 15 g


My Health Strawberry Shakeology 
Strawberries and Cream (Blended)
Cals 368.5
Fat 7
Sodium 291 mg
Carb 35.5 g
Fibre 5.5 g
Sugar 23.75 g
Protein 19.25

To see the breakdown of the individual ingredient's nutritional info check at the end of the post. 

By choosing to make yourself this at home instead of a drive through option you are getting almost half the calories, half the fat, carbs drop from 128 to only 35.5, not to mention the extra protein and fibre!!! 

And then the nutritional info aside, how about the ingredients. Shakeology is made of the best organic super foods and is GMO free. 

Here is a peak at every thing 

With the add ins: Almond milk can be as pure as just almonds and water, I use Blue Diamond so there are a few extra things in there but no where near what you'll find in a fast food shake. Then the yogurt again depending on what you use can be incredibly clean. It is win win all around.

If you are looking towards warmer weather and will be treating yourself then you need to get yourself some Shakeology. Be healthy without sacrificing flavour and treat yourself without sacrificing your health.

To find out more about Shakeology please message me at Facebook.com/rockyourlifemovement or check out rocknshake.com too! 




Additional Nutritional Information: 
Packet/Scoop of Strawberry Shakeology
Cals 130
Fat 1g
Sodium 120 mg
Carb 15 g
Fibre 3
Sugar 7 g
Protein 16 g

Serving of Almond Milk (3/4 cup)
Cals 30
Fat  2.5 g
Sodium 135 mg
Carb 1.5 g
Fibre 0.5 g
Sugar  0 g
Protein  0.75 g

Serving of Yogurt (1/4 cup) 
Cals 80
Fat 3.5 g
Sodium 32 mg
Carb 9 g
Fibre 0 g
Sugar 9g
Protein 2 g

1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries 
Cals 38.5
Fat 0g
Sodium 4 mg
Carb 10 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugar 5 g
Protein 0.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment