Monday 14 April 2014

Chilli Chicken in Sauce

I have another recipe for you! Another quick and easy one too. This one I came up with one evening where I really wasn't sure what I was going to do. It was immediately a favourite. 




Chilli Chicken

1 tbsp olive oil
handful of mushrooms equally sliced
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1/3 green pepper thinly sliced
1/2 clove of garlic finely chopped
4 skinless boneless chicken thighs cut up in equal pieces
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin
pinch oregano
1/4 tsp salt
few cracks of black pepper
1 cup tomato sauce

Fry the veggies up in the olive oil. Once they are tender toss the chicken in to fry. When chicken is half cooked put the spices, salt, and pepper in and mix well. Pour in the cup of tomato sauce. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through.

*If you get your rice on first, get the veggies cut and rolling, then toss in the chicken and follow the rest of the chilli chicken steps everything should come out in about 30 minutes from start to finish depending on how smoothly you work.*

This goes great served with rice and steamed broccoli and carrots. I seem to be on a broccoli and carrot kick lately. I go through phases. I'm routine yet random that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment