Sunday 13 April 2014

Lemon Ginger Sauce

The other day I made a super nummy lemon ginger chicken. Paired up with some veggies and basmati rice and it makes a perfectly balanced meal.




Lemon Ginger Sauce 
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup water
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic finely minced
1/2 thumb size piece of ginger finely minced
1/2 med onion diced or sliced thinly 
2 tsp arrowroot powder

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let those flavours meld while you fry up some pieces of chicken. When chicken is just about finished pour the sauce in and simmer for about 5-10 minutes, until thickened.

For my veg I like to steam carrots and broccoli until tender crisp and then toss them with the chicken and sauce. If you'd like to do celery you could toss it in with the chicken shortly before the sauce, same with bok choy.

I think I may just have to make this sauce again tonight, perhaps see if I can tweak it into a ginger beef recipe.

Have a Rockin' Sunday night and week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment