Thursday 10 April 2014

Jessica's Rockin' Spicy Ranch

We all have those things. You know the ones. Even though you know they aren't good for you you keep on having them. Dressing is one of those things for me. I am a ranch addict. Have been for a loooong time. 

I've gradually switched to different brands, settling last year on a Bolthouse ranch. By no means clean but one of the closest to clean as far as commercially available brands go. I had tried on several occasions making my own but I found with needing to get certain ingredients for recipes vs. how much to make vs. how much I used just didn't make sense. 

I can proudly say though that I have kicked my store bought salad dressing days to the curb. As of a few days ago I made the PERFECT substitute. It is spicy, it is dilly (secret to ranch), and has a nice tang that tradition buttermilk ranches have.

I am addicted! I have been putting in on my sandwiches, dipping my veggies in it, on my salad, and last night I put a dollop on top of my bolognese (DANGEROUS).




Super easy to prepare. These are the measurements to make just one serving so be sure to double or triple it if you want more!

Jessica's Rockin' Spicy Ranch

1/4 cup plain greek or balkan yogurt 
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp dill
1/8 tsp salt
few cracks of black pepper (I like mine peppery)
just a smidgen of cayenne, about 1/16th of a tsp, you can be more daring if you like 

Just put it all into a container and stir it up and there ya go!

I have an actual set that measures a smidgen. Aren't these the CUTEST??!?!


This is so handy for me because I always have greek or balkan yogurt in the house and those spices should be standard in any clean eating kitchen. I'm going to have to make a bulk batch of it and store in a jar just so I can eliminate the step of pulling out my set of spices each time.

Give this recipe a whirl. Hope you enjoy my Rockin' Spicy Ranch.


No comments:

Post a Comment