Monday 14 March 2016

Why Coaching Rocks

So I've been at this Beachbody Coaching thing for a few years now and I've gone through ups and downs in my business but overall this is an opportunity that ROCKS!!!! I'd love to share a bit with you why it's been such an amazing part of my life.

"Beachbody isn't your life, it gives you a life". SO TRUE!!! Fitness has given me a life I didn't know was possible before. The support system I have has given me a life that I didn't know possible. And financially we are on the road to living a life that we could only have dreamed of before.

I'm not someone with a university degree, neither is my husband. I went. But I didn't graduate. I learned a lot. But without that pretty paper everyone else thinks it was a waste of time. I don't. I love what I learned. I get still get their point though. They think I limited myself. I admit they are right in a lot of ways. My job options and earning potential through tradition means, aka regular 9-5, was definitely limited. I remember being excited at my first job with a contract...$13000 a year. For a 2nd year university student I couldn't complain. Next was working at high school part time as a secretary. I made about $500 twice a month. Except for the two months of summer. The hours were great though and the school was super close to the daycare for my two boys. After that came my "big break". I moved up to an executive assistant position with a national non-profit. I would be earning $30,000/year. WOOHOO!!! Except that that job sucked my ever life loving soul dry. I had some toxic coworkers, felt intimated by my boss, was TOTALLY not in line with ideals unlike I thought it would be.

So in the fall of 2011 I found myself with a new baby girl and two rambunctious boys. I decided I wasn't going to go back to work. I was going to stay home. Not only that...I was going to homeschool my oldest (then 5). I had always kind of seen myself as a working mom, a business mom, and do-er mom. That was a role I wanted. So even though I chose to stay home I was keeping my eye out on different income opportunities.

My own weight loss transformation was going awesome and when I was feeling I was on a roll I decided to start a web site. I would give people weight loss advice, suggest videos, products, talk about what I had learned with nutrition. I wanted to monetize my site. So I could stay home and help support my family. It wasn't long until I finally decided to investigate what this Beachbody Coaching thing was all about.

It didn't take me long to get hooked. The programs were amazing. Shakeology was everything I had bene looking for in a nutritional supplement. I also felt that I could REALLY start helping people right away!!! I had been looking at certifications but as a single income family there was absolutely no way that I could take any classes, and who would watch the kids when if I could have!?!?

The last few years have been like a total blur. We had some MAJOR family struggles during that time. Lots of financial ups and downs in my husband's business. During a this low time I am so grateful that we had Beachbody. My business, even though it was small at the start, was saving us in a big way.

Today I am the primary income earner in our family. My husband was able to walk away from his business which caused him unneeded stress and physical strain. His body was broken down by years of physical labour. Not to mention it was a dangerous job and I was always worried about his safety. Now he gets to be Mr. Mom and pursue his musical passions.

I have been able to workout with celebrity trainers and meet them IN PERSON! I have been able to attend our annual summit in Nashville and this year my husband and I will BOTH be going (EXCIIIITED!!!). I get to uplift and inspire other women to better their lives and help their families. I have been able to grow myself as a person and a leader and as a result of that also as a wife and mother.

Beachbody coaching rocks simply because it allowed my life to take a 180 degree turn. We were lost before with no direction. Now we have the courage to follow our dreams. Stake our claim and rise up to give our family what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment