Monday 14 March 2016

Getting Started Right

I remember when I first began my weight loss journey. I had a few basic ideas of what I was going to do and I decided to just go full board with it. As time went on my journey became more and more involved. At first I focused on my eating. I was a junk food junkie. I was also a binger and restricter. I had though discovered Clean Eating and knew that needed to be a major part of my changes. I didn't want to just limit my food just to still eat crap. I also knew that physical activity was going to be important too. Even though I had weight struggles since being a teenager I really did enjoy physical activity, was even a high school athlete (baseball & basketball). I also loved swimming and riding my bicycle. In my late teens and into my 20s I only flirted with the idea of the gym. I was way to self conscious for that!!

I had my first baby at 23, my second at 27, and my third at 29. I also have struggled through pregnancy loss 4X. All of that has done quite the number on my body. It was after my third, my daughter, was born that I really dug in. I had a support group and I had my plan. After 2 1/2 years I lost 100 lbs!!!

YES!! 100 lbs!!!!!

I am now 33 years old and the fittest I have EVER been!!! I did it all at home too. I never had to worry about making time to go to the gym, or worry about childcare. I actually LOVE that my children saw the entire transformation taking place before their eyes. The whole family had to make changes. My daughter has only seen a mum who is taking care of herself and confident in herself. 

My confidence wasn't always high though! I used to be terribly insecure. Horrible self esteem. That came from years of off and on bullying all through school. I went to school with the same 30 kids in my class from Kindergarten to Grade 12. I spent a lot of time as a nerdy, geeky, loner. The friendships I had were usually isolated to the activity I was participating in. I was lucky enough to take a trip to Germany when I was 15 and to see SO much more world out there really helped me get through my last few years of high school, when I experience some of the worst bullying. Finally when I turned 18 I moved away from my small town and to the city. Due to all that low confidence though I developed some horrible eating habits. I was near anorexic for most of grade 12, and through my 20s dealt with binging and restricting (and having babies). You bet I ate a lot of feelings. I ate out of boredom because I lacked excitement because I would avoid activities I wanted to participate in. All a bad cycle to be in. I also ate because it was just, well, there. So many fast food options I just didn't have growing up. 

My journey has taught me to be strong inside and out. It has taught me that I have value. It has helped me narrow down my goals and to remember that I'm not just a mum, but I am a WOMAN! 

I feel so blessed that my journey though has given me insight to help other women like me. Moms who are burnt out. Moms that want to be a better example. Moms that want to have energy and fun in their lives. It is a privilege that I can coach other women with the BEST programs that are out there. We combine fitness, nutrition, and support to help get the results you deserve on YOUR time. 

If you're looking for more confidence. More energy. To be fitter and healthier then my VIP Accountability & Support Groups can help you get there. I have the tools to get you there. 

To get started simply fill out this no obligation form! If you're ready the Get Started Right!! With the best tools and a hand to guide you through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment