Thursday 16 April 2015

Journey to the Stage: April 16/15

Hey Hey!!! Guess who got their workout done before midnight tonight!! Before 10:30 NO LESS. ME of course, lol.

How did she get it done early you ask?? Because I put the kids to bed AFTER my workout. We slept in hard today so the kids got to go to bed MUCH later than usual. And while I was putting them to bed Rock went to do a grocery run so mamma has good eats tomorrow.

So today was shoulders and I quite like doing shoulders. I find they are a relatively easy muscle for me to build and the work shows well. Not that it's easy easy but every woman has a different body part that seems to POP more than others. For me it seems to be my shoulders.

In honour of actually getting this workout done at a decent time (for me) I uploaded a few moves to youtube so that I can share the Beast goodness with others. Really the whole program is necessary for results but this will give you an idea. And would make a great little stand alone option.



You can easily do these moves at home!!
Do each move in a row with the following "sequence"
15 reps
12 reps
8 rep
Then just repeat that. Go up in the weights as you go down in reps. 
Remember it is shoulders so don't go crazy. It doesn't take a lot of weight to get the burn.


Today's breakdown...

Workout: Body Beast Build Shoulders

Post Workout Fuel: oops. missed that one today but because I was already out of carb macros I couldn't do my usual shakes. But I did have my chocolate vegan ShakeO earlier in the day (usually for lunch).

Food: Decent. I did have one awesome victory though. I struggle with the disordered eating pattern of binge and restricting so counting my macros which allows me to factor in "bad" foods is really helpful. Today we had a family picnic with pizza. Now the old me would have just eaten slice after slice, then felt guilty, then eaten more food, and the cycle repeats pretty much until I go to bed waking up at 3 am with raging heartburn. NOT TODAY!!! I had one slice, logged it, and moved on. Huzzah!!! Because I eat pretty clean for the most part knowing that I can have "bad" foods without consequence to my goals is pretty freaking awesome. Very freeing. And it prevents me from having a binge. 

Additional Activity: Tossed around a nerf football and an angry bird frisbee at the park with the kids. The older, 250 lbs version of me would never have done that. Once of the BEST results I have had is being able to just play and have fun with my kids. 

Now to watch a little Netflix with Rock and off to bed. 

Rock. Lift. Love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment