Monday 13 April 2015

Journey to the Stage: April 13/15

Damn it chest and tris. Why you gotta be so hard? I think I'd even take a leg day over a chest day. 

Seriously, I find chest really hard. I did make one little tweak that seemed to make a big difference so at least I traded hard of one fashion for hard of another. Two NSV birds with one stone. 




Workout: Body Beast Build Chest and Tris

Post Workout Fuel: Beachbody Results and Recovery Formula with water, 1/2 c orange juice, banana. 

Food: We won't go there. I promise. I'm trying. Grrrr…… NO ONE warned me how hard cutting would be after getting to bulk.

But HEY…I'm getting a noticeable tricep. Thank you genetics for giving me arms that do not like to show off the work I put into this muscle group. NOT. 







NON SCALE VICTORIES!!!! 

Every so often there are these awesome things called non scale victories. They are these marvellous feel good deep inside moments because they have flip all to do with the scale. I got to experience THREE of these babies today. 

Two of them are tied together. First off, I do my work on a ball instead of a bench (we don't have a second bench, no room for a second bench, and I look at the plus side of the extra glute and core work).  I had been experience some neck pain and strain from the position required for incline presses and flys. This caused me to be distracted, scrunching up my neck, and overall sucking at those moves as a result. I need some mind picking of my fellow program followers and a few had some suggestions. One was to sit on the floor and lean back onto the ball. IT TOTALLY WORKED. I was really happy about that because I felt I was able to engage the chest muscles SO much better and didn't experience any neck strain (or the headache I was getting as a side effect). TOTAL WIN!!!

But wait…there is more!! Because of that I was able to go up in my weights on the chest presses. 20s!!! I was pressing the 20s. I'm pretty pumped about that because it wasn't all that long ago that I was putting down my 3 lb weights and had to choose between being defeated OR grabbing soup cans instead. Obviously I chose the soup cans or I wouldn't be doing this today. 

Third NSV was that freaking awesome feeling you get when you are lifting the same weight as the muscly bro dude in the video. HECK YA!!! It was the drop set in the tricep kickbacks. We were both using 8s. It may not sound like much but trust me!!! 

Additional Activity:
Family walk and geocaching. Have you ever geocached? SO MUCH FUN!! The kids love the trinkets we can trade. We always leave a guitar pick. It's our thang. 

Till next time.

Rock. Lift. Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment