Saturday 17 May 2014

Personal Development: What I'm reading now...

Welcome back to another post about personal development. If you haven't read it yet be sure to check out my previous post on why I think it is so important

I thought I'd share today what I am currently reading or just recently finished.


So this is what I have going on right now in hard cover. I am slowly working my way through all of them. I just seem to be having a love affair with my Kobo right now and doing a lot of reading on there as well. 

On my Kobo I just recently finished The Slight Edge, Go Pro, Max Lucado's Live to Make a Difference. Felt pretty good to finish up three books all in the past week. 

As soon as I was done those I started on a few more. I am currently reading Think and Grow Rich and the Five Levels of Leadership. Those are both a different format than just reading straight through. They are meant to be taken slowly, read carefully, thought about afterwards. Same as the Laws of Growth book in the pic above. 

So why do I do all this personal development? Well why the heck not? It is amazing for you. Some may think it is boring but it is real life and I want to Rock my life, not just eek my way through it. 

It's not like I have my nose stuck in a book 24/7 either. I do a lot of my reading in the evening or while watching the kids play in the back yard. It is kind of cute actually I've been reading to my kids my books at bedtime and they LIKE it. 

I'll close with this quote here as it really seems to sum it up. BELIEVE. Believe that you are worth that time. My reading, fitness, health, those are all parts of developing who I am, making myself a better person. 



No comments:

Post a Comment